Home » » Why Facebook Wants To Know Where You Are At All Times

Why Facebook Wants To Know Where You Are At All Times

Written By Unknown on Friday, May 10, 2013 | 12:42 PM

May 10, 2013
For years, technology companies have touted the advent of a new fusion of your social habits and mapping.

You're driving home from work and an alert pops up on your smartphone to tell you that a close friend is at a restaurant just off your route. Or you're on a road trip and your smartphone dings, offering you a discount -- and turn-by-turn directions -- to the closest Starbucks. Continue reading...
Advertisement
DON TAPSCOTT
My BB's Back and There's Gonna Be Trouble!
Blackberry? Are you kidding me? I converted to the iPhone ages ago. Except that I've been trying out Blackberry's newest phone, the Q10, for a week. And guess what? I love it. Like a phoenix from the ashes, Blackberry may actually be making a comeback. Continue reading...
RANDI ZUCKERBERG
My Son Wears Pink: To Share or Not to Share?
As parents, we need to ask ourselves whether we're posting photos for our children or for ourselves. And if you're posting it for yourself, wait a little bit before pressing the "share" button so you can really think about if it's in your child's best interest. Continue reading...
DAVID K. LEVINE
Googazon: The Web 3.0
Will the next Richard Stallman, Linus Torvalds or Jimmy Wales please step forward? Because I don't want information at my fingertips -- I want action at my fingertips, and I mean my fingertips. Continue reading...
OMER ROSEN
Life Without a Cellphone
Before the cellphone age, non-emergency workers did not customarily carry around beepers in case of emergency unless they were drug dealers. Now, any slight variation or interference in one's life-pattern can qualify as emergency, proof of the need for the almighty e-slab. Continue reading...
ARIANNA HUFFINGTON
Small Screens, Big Business
In this week's issue, Gerry Smith looks at one of the less savory effects of recent technological innovation: the billion-dollar black market for stolen smartphones. And Lila Shapiro considers the career of former New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey, nearly a decade after he resigned with the admission that he was "a gay American." Continue reading...


Received this from a friend? Sign up for alerts from The Huffington Post here.
Unsubscribe here.

Huffington Post, 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003

Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Credits: Copyright © 2011. I - Newspot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Zahyan Technologies