Home » » Pope: 'If Banks Fail It is A Tragedy, If People Die Of Hunger It's Nothing'

Pope: 'If Banks Fail It is A Tragedy, If People Die Of Hunger It's Nothing'

Written By Unknown on Monday, May 20, 2013 | 5:51 AM

May 20, 2013

By Philip Pullella

VATICAN CITY, May 18 (Reuters) - Pope Francis shared personal moments with 200,000 people on Saturday, telling them he sometimes nods off while praying at the end of a long day and that it "breaks my heart" that the death of a homeless person is not news. Continue reading...
Advertisement
JIM WALLIS
It's Time for Outrage: Sexual Violence and the Church
Violence against women is the most prevalent and the most hidden injustice in our world today. It's time for all people of faith to be outraged. It's time for our Christian leaders to stand up and say that women, made in the very image of God, deserve better. Continue reading...
KIDSPIRIT
The Loudness of God
I have to let the loudness of God take me away to wherever I need to be. I'll still go to seven different churches and read through the piles of religious of books I've hoarded in my room, but they can't tell me anything compared to what God can tell me. Continue reading...
HARRY ROTHENBERG
It's So Easy Being Green: Parshat Beha'aloscha
Aaron was upset that he and his tribe did not get to donate offerings for the inauguration of the Altar. G-d cheered him up by reassuring him hat he would get to light the Menorah. Was Aaron jealous? Continue reading...
RICHARD W. KROPF
The Pope and the Devil
Pope Francis takes the Gospel warnings against Satan very literally, seeing the modern tendency to write the devil off as a kind of mythical expression or literary fiction as a kind of victory for evil's influence in the world. Having been trained by Jesuits, I understand where he is coming from. Continue reading...
REV. SUSAN BALLER-SHEPARD
Wild and Precious Lives: Godspeed Graduates!
Thinking of these graduates, I turn to Jeremiah, as I often do: "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope." Continue reading...


Received this from a friend? Sign up for alerts from The Huffington Post here.
Unsubscribe here.

Huffington Post, 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003

Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Credits: Copyright © 2011. I - Newspot - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Zahyan Technologies